Saturday 4 October 2014



Hello everybody. I'm not even going to apologise for the lack of posts. It's a known fact that I'm a horrible blogger. ☺️ Today's post almost wouldn't have happened, because I completely forgot I had taken photos for it. Yeah, my memory sucks too! During this summer, I sort of rediscovered my passion for art, drawing, painting - you would know if you follow me on instagram/twitter/tumblr - and I couldn't be happier about it. I hadn't drawn something for almost two years - shame on me - but, luckily when I decided to draw again, some of my 'talent' was still there. I just have to practice A LOT. In addition, I feel like I'm interested in different forms of art. Illustration, for example. Traditional art is what made me lose my passion, because I sometimes find it boring. Art should never feel boring, it should be fun and exciting.

Anyway, I decided to buy some new supplies for my new beginning. I really wanted a watercolour paints set and I got a 'Staedtler' pack of 12 for just under €7. I hadn't used watercolours since my childhood so I was really excited, and I still am, after using them. Also, I really wanted a thin brown ink pen, and I bought a 'Staedtler triplus fineliner', for outlining my illustrations. Sadly, it's not waterproof and it bleeds when you use water on top of it. Last item I picked up was a white gel pen from the brand 'Uni-ball'. It's not as pigmented as I would want it be, to be honest.

I still want to buy a lot more supplies for my new artistic journey, but I'm on a budget as a student with no income, other than what my parents sometimes give me.


Bloglovin | Instagram | Lookbook | Pinterest | Tumblr | Twitter | Youtube


6 comments:

  1. I love posts like this :) I had a massive splurge on some art supplies at Paperchase a few weeks ago, so bad but so good. I've found the only way for white pens to look effective is to use them upon black paper which is a bit impractical..
    Amber x
    http://bunsf0rtea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some nice paints! Watercolor is my favorite!!! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the perfect present for My nephew this Christmas.. Thanks for the idea Miss Georgia!♥
    xx Cloud
    http://www.rejuvenating.me/spa_foods_and_recipes.html

    ReplyDelete

Make my day with your comment and leave your blog links :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All content copyright © 2013 BeautyInsideArt, unless otherwise noted. Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Your Number: